LASIK eye surgery is an effective treatment for multiple vision problems, but not everyone is an ideal candidate for the procedure. Since everyone’s eyes are different, your eligibility for LASIK depends on a variety of ocular and general health factors.
During your free consultation, we will evaluate your candidacy based on a variety of different factors. Some of the factors include:
- 18 years of age or older
- Good general health without certain health problems like uncontrolled diabetes or autoimmune disease
- No current eye injuries or infections
- No eye diseases such as glaucoma, cataracts, optic nerve disease or corneal disease
- Stable vision for at least one year prior to the procedure
- Not being pregnant or nursing
Of course, the only way to know for sure is to come in for your free consultation. We are committed to finding the right answer for each of our patients, even if the answer is not having LASIK.
If you’re interested in LASIK and would like to learn more, contact us today. We’d be happy to explain the procedure in more detail, and help you determine which vision solution is best for you.